Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Harry Potter ~ a source of inspiration



I love the world of Harry Potter and the movies just make it more rich for me. I find myself coveting much of the wardrobe of the young ladies of Hogwarts and I am not alone.
one woman (known only to me as pinkleo) was inspired to copy the totally gorgeous scarf worn by Luna Lovegood in the Order of the Phoenix.


screen shot grabbed from craftster thread and you can find the pattern for free click on this link to the craftster thread.

this is my second scarf following her pattern. it's divine.




I used Red Heart sock yarn and I have not blocked it yet. I'm not sure how it will work if I do..... but it hangs very nicely as it is.

at any rate, this is my favorite bit here. Such beautiful purples and greens
perfect for a Spring accessory.

2 comments:

  1. Abby, how much would you charge for a scarf like this? I have a couple yw i'd like to get one for, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pinkleo has asked that we don't use this pattern for profit... but because I know you, I'll just ask that you pay for the yarn.
    I'll message you about it

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you.
please be kind though;)

and spammers, please (I'm asking nicely) don't spam here. no one ever wants to deal with that
Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails