Friday, December 31, 2010

one more to add to the fingerless gloves list


I have been working on this pair much longer than I care to admit. I really wanted to have the illusion of knit without being tunisian or being a really stiff back post stitch.
I finally stumbled across a stitch that met my requirements... knit like and soft. the 'knit' is horizontal and not vertical, but that's cool.
the real treat came when I turned it around and looked at the reverse side of the stitch. it is great! I totally love it and I'm sure I'll be doing more like this.
but the real shiny part of all of this is that it is the most dead simple stitch ever. it's basically a hdc but I would call it a half double double back loop. that's a totally made up name for it since no one can agree on a real name for it and I've run across some argument as to what the technique truly is. but for me it's a back loop not a post and not a camel stitch. so I am going to call it a Double Back Loop Half Double Crochet... so there.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.
please be kind though;)

and spammers, please (I'm asking nicely) don't spam here. no one ever wants to deal with that
Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails