Friday, January 20, 2012

a wise old bird, if not a little bit crazy

way way back (4 years ago) when I started learning /relearning how to crochet I came across the most completely wonderful blog for crocheters that there ever has been

The Roman Sock is my very favorite. she has free patterns that I have worked on. in fact I've made most of her free patterns and I love them so much.
she has other patterns for sale. and everything is just down right adorable. give her a try, she's awesome

so I've been noticing all these wonderful critter hats and I've made a sock monkey hat (I have yet to photograph) and I've wanted to make an owl for a long time, but I just couldn't get the inspiration. I don't really like the color scheme for the trendy hats (lime green and hot pink) to me that just doesn't say 'wise old owl'
so a couple of weeks ago I was looking through my yarn stash, trying to make some more room, and these colors just leapt out at me but the eyes and beak were another story.



I really the eyes make this baby hat and more silly grown up hat. I love it, even though I somehow made the eyes look a little maniacal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you.
please be kind though;)

and spammers, please (I'm asking nicely) don't spam here. no one ever wants to deal with that
Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails